Kitchen Remodel ~ Part 1

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!


Some of you have been wondering where I've been this year. Well work, life and completely remodeling our house have been in the works this year. See some of my pics below for a glimpse at what we've been up to.
We'll start with the crazy, cluttered old kitchen. We decided to tackle this project first.
The Bakers Rack I made a few years ago has now been
moved to the office.
Do you like our crappy, old cabinets lined with our coed decorating style {aka liquor bottles for decoration}?
We wanted clean lines and an open concept so down came 3 walls!
Check out the paint samples on the wall to the right.
I didn't like any of them!
Another pic of some of the walls to be knocked down. The back of the kitchen had this little cubby that housed the fridge and a pantry. We wanted to take out the top and right side shown here.
While we were at it we decided to add some recessed lights to the kitchen and living room. Here the hubby is cutting into the ceiling so we can determine where the lights can be added.
GOOF BALL!
Our master bath sits directly above the dining area and is next on the remodel to-do list. We're needing to do some plumbing work so we ended up pulling the ceiling down over the dining room and kitchen.
Taking a break from tearing down walls to give some love to our old man Nate.
2 of the 4 walls are out! The other two were a little more challenging.
One wall contained tons of electrical work running from the basement to the main floor and up into the 2nd floor.
The other wall contained HVAC air ducts so those had to be rerouted. In this pic "someone" thought it would be funny to jump out every time I tried to take a picture. "Someone" thinks he's hilarious.
We were able to leave the ceiling up over the living room and just drill holes for the lights.
And we have lights!!!
Back to the kitchen, walls are all out {and so is all the electric}.
Demo time!!! Started ripping out all the cabinets!.
Ah... a blank canvas. Now it's time to put it all back together.
We started by hanging our bright, new cabinets. Luckily we have a talented friend to help us with this part.
And by "we" I mean I helped by taking pictures to document their great work!
Uppers are all in. Nate is checking out the work to make sure they passed.
And all the bottoms are in with the pony wall added for the bar.
Time for the countertops and backsplash!
Tada! Granite countertops in place! I have a usable kitchen!
Here's the backsplash in progress.
And one final photo to compare before and after.
Stay tuned. Pictures to come on completing the pony wall, adding hardware and crown molding to the cabinets and finally a new floor!

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts