DIY Personalized Stocking Holder

Don't forget to stop by and Like my Facebook Page and Follow me on Twitter!
Merry Christmas Eve! Here's one last Christmas project. My Stocking Holders with "antique" knobs.


I started by cutting down some scrap wood. {Originally I was going to add these cardboard letters but decided against it.}
I used some leftover stain, I think it was a dark walnut.
Instead of using the cardboard letters, I traced our first initials on to each board and painted them white.
I screwed the boards together and then predrilled holes for the knobs.
I picked up these vintage-looking knobs at the craft store. They were on sale for 50% off so I got a great deal!
I screwed the knobs on to the wood and they were ready to go.
Our "mantel" was complete!
Here's my stocking I made from a few years ago.
Nate and Matilda's stockings are full. It's been hard to keep them away from their gifts.
And of course the hubby has his camo stocking.
Now if we could actually have a real fireplace instead of watching one on our tv....

Thanks for stopping by!
 photo 7ce22a63-74a3-4dab-a0ca-1fc832cb3312_zps0b858cf7.jpg

Check out who I've linked up with this week by going to my Linky Party Page!

***While I'm thrilled to share my step-by-step directions, the good and the bad, these are intended for your personal use. I'm always happy to hear and see what my bloggers have been working on. BUT a lot of work goes into these creations and while I have no issues sharing so you are able to create the work for your precious homes please understand that selling an exact duplication of my designs is highly frowned upon. :( Please always be considerate of another artists work. Thank you!***

Comments

Popular Posts